1.When was the last time you drove your car? I will go ahead and make the assumption that it was less than 24 hours. And to what destination were you traveling to; school, the mall, grocery store, work, a friend’s house? Almost anywhere you go you will communicate with people. We use devices of transportation to take us to a destination so that we can communicate.
2.As it used to be, you would have to sail in a sailboat and hope to live if you wanted to visit someone on the other side of the world. These days we can travel by plane, train, car, subway, hot air balloon and many other ways to reach a destination to communicate with others. Technology has proven to make communication easier and better by creating a global bonding (Communication Type). This global bonding is important in our society because family and friends can live on different continents and so it’s impossible to drive to them to visit.
So you’re stuck in a car with your significant others family traveling far away. You begin to bond and talk and share stories back and forth. Even when you least expect you are bonding with others, communicating. Traveling brings people together whether it’s during the journey or at the destination you are most likely going to talk to someone.
4.
5.
Since different kinds of transportation were invented we have been traveling more as a society to meet with others. Sometimes people travel to an entertainment destination like Vegas. Other times travel is related to business. But all these different kinds of traveling can be related back to some sort of communication with other people.
6.There can be positive attributes of traveling to communicate with others such as you can make it from one side of the world to the other in less than 24 hours on an airplane. It is much faster than sending a letter it is also more personal because you are meeting face to face.
8.I can think of quite a few negative aspects of traveling, but I’ll just name a few; plane delays, traffic, accidents, sitting still for long periods of time, expenses and the list goes on. So yeah sometimes I think just calling someone or shooting them an email would be easier in many ways, but nothing quite compares to a face to face experience. So we can all thank technology for providing the bridge over the gap between us and people we miss.
9.1.Image: Kenneth Cratty / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1041
2.Image: Michal Marcol / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=371
3.Image: Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=404
4.Image: Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=172
5.Image: Paul Martin Eldridge / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=751
6.Image: Tom Curtis / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=178
7.Image: Suvro Datta / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1023
8.Image: J Frasse / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=836
9.Image: Tom Curtis / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=178
Very good read
ReplyDeletevery interesting
ReplyDeleteRiding in a hot air balloon is on my bucket list!
ReplyDeleteit's on my bucket list too! i saw a fair once that had a bunch of hot air balloon take off..it was amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat read. Interesting to see all the means of transportation. We took a hot air balloon ride, it isn't as scary as I thought it would be. It is pretty stable, very peaceful. I was kind of young though, definitely want to do it again!
ReplyDeleteI love road trips, no matter how I travel. I think I dislike traveling by bus the most, though. I am grateful that technology has afforded the human race many helpers while traveling. Like cell phones, cd players and MAPQUEST!
ReplyDeleteTrains scare me. They become derailed... and that's scary.
ReplyDeletecars are dangerous and outdated we should be living like the jetsons imagine a car with a magnetic propulsion system not only would it never need maintenance but it would bounce off of other cars if you had an accident. I believe planes are a disgrace they are only useful to the rich and some of the middle class. It shows our civilization still has some things to work out in our evolutionary path. I think the main source of transportation on earth should be a futuristic type of train maybe using the magnet idea to hover over the track to reduce maintenance I think they already do this> anyway it would be free to the people fitted like small living rooms and you could travel around the world for free or just zoom to the other side of town faster and safer then automobiles. the key to a futuristic society is quality and innovative thinking, the more outdated things that get replaced the closer we come to a work less society were boring and monotonous jobs are replaced by robots or non existent at all
ReplyDelete